Saving logistics expenses
Saving logisticians’ time
Improving transportation quality
- Allows you to carry more cargo with less transport
- Creation of profitable and personalized international routes
- Automatic generation of electronic waybills based on created routes
- Efficient ramps control and easy comparison of Plan and Actual
Is it possible to manage a car park of 200 vehicles as easily and efficiently as two cars? How to be in time to all customers, but spend minimal money on goods delivery? How to identify and solve the most complex logistical issues quickly?
- fully automates the transport logistics of your enterprise:
- Analyzes and accurately predicts traffic events
- Automatically generates electronic waybills
- Monitor drivers carefully
- Reduces transport expenses to a minimum
Optimal logistics for national and local carriers
Fully automated process of distribution of applications for existing vehicles and building a network of routes with minimization of costs for their implementationMore
The function of planning optimal routes (logistics chains) for domestic carriers is one of the most popular tool in the Transport Monitoring and Analysis System from BelTransSputnik, adapted for domestic carriers. With its help, many time-consuming routine tasks in logistics will be fully automated, and each car from your car park, regardless of its size, will work as efficiently as possible, without losing a penny of the company’s potential profit. All routes are built on the basis of the local licensed and regularly updated vector State Navigational Map of Belarus. Toll roads, seasonal axle load limits, actual weather and even road surface temperature are shown.
- compliance with the AETR standards
- following toll roads or detours
- weather conditions throughout Eurasia
- seasonal road limits of permitted axle load
- actual queues at border crossings
- additional parameters of vehicles sent on a trip:
— cargo weight
— fuel consumption coefficient per 1 ton of cargo
— fuel consumption
— fuel tank(s) volume
— delivery / unloading time window
Convenient delivery lists building directly from the system, or export/import from any ERPHow the system creates routes
After the planning is completed, the System creates electronic waybills, detailed ‘flight assignments’ for each roving workers (which street to go, where to turn, etc.), detailed route trajectories on the map and instantly sends them directly to the drivers’ (couriers’) smartphones/tablets, wherever they are.
BTS Route: Android mobile app for roving workers (couriers, merchandisers, truckers, etc.)How the app works
A mobile device with the BTS Location app installed can completely replace a standalone GPS tracker. This is particularly relevant for organizations with hired vehicles. Instead of the inconvenient rearrangement of ‘iron’ GPS trackers from car to car — just transfer the smartphone from the old contractor to the new one. Or offer him a free download of the BTS Location mobile app on his phone.
- opportunity to work with both own and borrowed vehicles
- additional optimization of the solution obtained by playing with boundary delivery parameters: shifting non-critical delivery windows by the logistician, etc. for further transport costs reduce
- the ability to take into account weather conditions forecast
- the ability to add tasks to vehicles in the process of moving along the route
- the planned cost of all transport work ‘for tomorrow’ (taking into account the cost of toll roads, a machine hour, a mileage, etc.)
- integration with BTS Route and BTS Location mobile apps
- instant sms or e-mail notification of the client about the arrival time of the car
Electronic waybills are a complete replacement for time-consuming, unreliable and outdated paper workflowHow the function works
The ‘Electronic waybills’ function in the ‘Optimal Logistics’ solution is designed to completely replace labor-intensive, unreliable and outdated paper workflow. No less important is the fact that using electronic waybills at the enterprise solves problems in terms of clear interaction between the company’s structural divisions or controlling external services (customers). Various departments can enter their comments and evaluations of the driver’s work in the electronic waybill. And confirm its true mileage. The car has not yet returned to the base, and you already know how satisfied customers are with its work.
Electronic waybills are compiled manually or generated automatically on the basis of constructed routes
You will always monitor: when, to which ramp, what cargo, what tonnage the car will arrive — for early warning and involvement of warehouse employeesMore advantages of the function
One of the key advantages of the Optimal Logistics solution from BelTransSputnik is its multifunctionality and focus on solving real issues that logistician, drivers and even warehouse employees face.
The Optimal Logistics solution can also be used effectively by large logistics centers that do not have their own car park, but only provide warehouse space for rent. With the help of the Ramp Control function, you will always be able to see when, to which ramp, what cargo, what tonnage the vehicle will arrive — for early warning and warehouse employees’ involvement. So, they can process incoming cargo as quickly and efficiently as possible. And this is always an increased capacity of your warehouse, satisfied customers, grateful drivers and high business efficiency!
Optimal logistics for international carriers
Optimal routes planning, taking into account a variety of factors: from calculating the distance traveled on toll roads to using exclusively partner gas stations
Parking lots calculated according to AETR normsSolution options
Now, when planning routes, we also take into account the rules for the drivers work and rest according to the AETR. The system will not only generate optimal route with considering the mandatory parking according to the AETR, but also indicate at what is the best time to stop.
If you build an optimal route from your car to the loading point, the System will take into account the actual state of the tachograph in the car. It will show the estimated time of arrival and moments of rest, taking into account the previous trips of the car.
Making a clear ‘flight assignments’ with the possibility of sending it directly to the driver’s smartphoneWhat this function provides
Your driver and cargo are always under full control: the dispatchers will immediately learn about any deviation of the car from the route and a clearly defined ‘flight assignments’. During the route, the driver will no longer visit a hypermarket for sales, will not stay overnight with cargo in an unsafe parking lot / roadside, will not add extra kilometers, will not ignore refueling at partner gas stations, and will not be able to disrupt working hours imperceptibly.
Automatic routing, instant transfer of new assignments and correction of old ones in the driver’s smartphoneBenefits for logisticians and drivers
Routes are built using complex algorithms, which are now performed not by logisticians, but by a computer. At the same time, logisticians can add their own conditions to the configuration of the routes being built, aimed at maximizing the optimization of the company’s transportation costs. Drivers also benefit from this: now they receive clear ‘flight assignments’ and corrections online straight to their smartphone or tablet through the BTS Documentation app. And the function of saving GPRS-traffic in roaming allows the carrier to save additional funds on Internet communications.
- delivery windows
- customer priority
- load capacity and transport volume
- weight and dimensions parameters of cargo
- cargo compatibility
- set time for maintenance, unloading / loading
- number of days for complex routes
- multiplicity of ramps loading
- available vehicles and drivers
Calculation of the cost of routes on toll roads in different countries before departure.
Fast and peremptory comparison of plan and factHow the function works
After the route is completed, you can visually compare PLAN and FACT on the map: mileage, travel time and unloading / loading. The system highlights in red all deviations from the PLAN and shows the time and mileage losses because of these deviations.
Who needs this solution
It doesn’t matter how big your car park is and what kind of activity you carry out (passenger transportation, food delivery, merchandising, long-haul transportation, international courier service, field service, repairs, etc.) – BelTransSputnik system with the integrated solution ‘Optimal Logistics’ will bring the company’s logistics activities to a new level!
Our customers result
After the implementation of the GPS monitoring system, we immediately felt the result:
- fuel costs have reduced significantly
- several large fuel thefts have been prevented
- got a real opportunity to write off fuel on the fact
- for now, 99% of fuel draining issues at the factory are excluded.
Now we are adding units of equipment, and we are spending the same amount of money for the fuel purchase.
We have been cooperating with BelTransSputnik since 2010. And during this time, we have implemented many solutions that have been customized specifically for us — this is particularly nice. Definitely, BelTransSputnik’s solutions help to optimize business processes and have a positive effect on customers’ loyalty.
- first investments paid off immediately and repeatedly.
- customers loyalty increasing by introducing courier tracking — customers can track the arrival time and the movement of the courier on the map.
- integration with current ACS was set up.
The GPS monitoring system can also help in unforeseen situations. For example, there was a case in Poland. The driver started the car and was about to move out of the parking lot — but felt a blow to the rear bumper. He quickly got out of the cab to find out what was the matter, forgetting to remove the key from the ignition. While he reached the back of the car, a thief got into the cab, faked a blow to the rear bumper, got behind the wheel and drove away. Thanks to the BelTransSputnik tracking system, the police managed to find the van quickly. They started chasing the thieves. They heard the siren and left our van.
Another example. Rarely, a car can break down on the road. And if this happens on the way to the client, the dispatchers monitor all the nearest vehicles in the area. And we automatically see which vehicles are closer, which ones need to arrive urgently and make a cargo transfer.
Now, after so many years of work, it’s hard for us to imagine work without the BelTransSputnik system.
- We get full access to the information about the vehicle.
- Our transportation engineers monitor the location of the vehicle in real time, its actual speed, the time the driver spends on the road and the time to rest. This allows you to plan the arrival time of the car for loading / unloading.
- It’s easier for drivers, they don’t need to send their location information.
- Everything is automatically integrated with our ERP system.
Undoubtedly, the system helps to optimize your company’s work, helps to set up efficient processes.
Here are some results from the system implementation.
- Fuel consumption rates reduced by 16%.
- The average traffic speed of a vehicle, taking into account loading and unloading operations, has increased from 50 km per hour to 65 km per hour. The rate of supply of high-quality raw materials to the factory has increased.
- Logistics department was optimized to 4 persons. Without the system, we would need another 1-2 employees.
- Driver discipline has improved.
We are pleased with the service and the attention we provided: preventive visits, trainings, audits and repairs with a swing space at any time and much more.
The overall result of working with the system is cost savings and customer service quality support. But these results can be analyzed in separate areas:
- We have automated and customized logistics management (taking into account toll roads, suitable gas stations, rest and parking areas, etc.).
- Established convenient interaction with drivers through the app. Available 24/7.
- We built a really working motivation of the staff, based on the System data. Employees compete for a place in the Top 10 Quarterly Leaders.
- Our right choice of tools for work is confirmed by numerous regalia (‘The Best International Road Carrier of the Year’ according to BAMAP; the award from BAME as the best forwarder in the ‘Development Strategy’ nomination, etc.).
We use the European approach and business standards. In turn, for more than 10 years we have been trusting BelTransSputnik.